Monday, June 20, 2016

A note to my first born

Dear William, 

As I sit here and write this I am filled with emotions about having your sister tomorrow. I can't help but 

feel guilty, sad, happy and just plain excited. I think about all that you have done, seen, learned and 

have taught me throughout the last 2 years 8 months and I am grateful for that. I am sad to think you 

will not be my baby anymore and that you will struggle with that. I worry I won't get to be there for you 

like I am now and that will make you sad. I worry you will hate your sister for taking up your time. In 

reality I know this is all in my head and you are going to adjust just fine but these are the things I am 

worrying about. 

 William you are filled with joy, love and laughter. You are smart, funny and have a temper. You are the 

sweetest boy to your momma and I love every minute of it. You light up any room you walk into with 

your red hair and bright blue eyes. I can't wait to see you become a big brother and give her lots of 

hugs and kisses just like you do your cousins. 


I promise to love you no less and still have our cuddle time! I love you buddy with all my heart. I know 

this will be a big change but it's going to be great! 



I love you forever!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dang it....made me cry! Grandma and Grandpa love you too, William!

    ReplyDelete