Monday, January 13, 2014

The new normal

Before baby it was go with the flow normal. I would do whatever I wanted when I wanted. It was the normal to go to the gym at eight or due laundry while I watched tv. It was normal to arrive early or on time. Well that all changed when William came into the picture. This isn't a bad post it's a change for the better. 

Our new normal is all about William's schedule. The first month was crazy there was no routine or schedule. Now that we have figured things out been able to take him out we are figuring out our new normal. Giving the baby consistency and routine is the best thing for him. Trying to get him on a schedule and trying (trying being the key word) to stick to that has been hard lately. 

With the holidays and snow days our routine has been a little crazy. Napping has been wonderful but back to the reality of work. Being off for three weeks has been wonderful! I got to spend quality time with Will and the hubby. While I'm at work most days my husband is watching Will, which is absolutely wonderful! I know it will be a hard adjustment again without having Mom there but we will all survive. 

Let's talk about getting out the door and being on time. I swear for the life of me we just can't get this one down! It doesn't matter what time we get up or how on top of things we are we just can't seem to make it early for anything. Lol. I guess that's our new normal! Anyone else have this problem? 

Getting everyone back on schedule and in a routine is the number one priority these next two weeks. Waking up early for work, making breakfast and packing my lunch, getting something out for dinner, spending time with Will and cleaning the house will become our new normal. 

Finding the right balance for everything has been hard but it always works. We are so blessed to have our new normal with Will and we wouldn't have it any other way! 
How can you resist that face when he is talking to himself, playing with his toys or even just being so darn cute! Nothing else seems to matter except spending time with him and making him happy! 

My life= My family = True happiness

Have a great Monday!


2 comments:

  1. It's crazy how much a baby changes your routine and your life....of course it's absolutely amazing, but I always think "how in the heck did I spend my time before Kenley?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's the best thing in the world but definitely a huge adjustment! Marriage wasn't a huge deal but baby changed the game!
      Kenley is adorable by the way.

      Delete